Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund
Real Estate Investing by Real Estate Operators
Morguard Financial Corp. and Sunstone Investment Management Inc. are experienced real estate investors, owners, and operators with significant investment and operational history in both public and private real estate markets.
Together, they form the Investment Manager (Morguard) and the Manager (Sunstone) of the fund.
The fund is invested in an actively managed diversified portfolio of publicly traded real estate securities including primarily Canadian and US Real Estate Income Trusts ("REITs"); Real Estate Operating Companies (“REOCs”); and the companies that provide services to them.
The Investment Manager is able to its leverage its property level real estate data to identify economic and geographic trends:
- Recent market transactions
- Real estate leasing trends
- Mortgage financing rate trends
- Tenant occupancy trends
These trends directly affect the businesses that the Fund invests in, and provide investment signals to the Investment Manager.
Real estate operations data provides the Investment Manager with an increased level of knowledge and confidence when pursuing investment opportunities for the Fund.
Key highlights of the Fund inlcude:
- An actively managed, diversified portfolio consisting of publicly traded real estate securities
- Stable monthly distributions
- Opportunities for long-term capital appreciation
- Access to Canadian, US, and European real estate markets
- Tax advantaged yield
- Publicly traded on the TSX (MSN.UN).